Things to remember after the procedure?
- Do not lay down on your back for 4 hours after the procedure to prevent the medication from diffusing into muscles outside of the target region.
- Do not rub the injection site for 24 hours. Rubbing may result in bruising.
- Normally the injection site will be clean and without blemish after the procedure.
- Normal daily activities can be resumed.
- Headache or dizziness after the procedure may occur and will resolve within 2-3 days.
- In rare cases (1%), drooping of the eyelids (ptosis) may occur. These cases typically improve within 1 month.
- Do not wear high heels after calf injections.
What is filler?
Filler is a method of wrinkle therapy involving insertion of non-reacting substance into the skin. Depending on the type of filler used, the results may last from 6 months to 3 years.
The procedure is recommended for the following:
- Forehead/cheek/jaw: give volume to the face
- Lower eyelid fat pad: create a youthful appearance to the eyes
- Nasolabial fold: remove the aged appearance caused by the nasolabial folds
- Chin: diminish the square jaw into a more V-lined shape
- Nose: give depth to the face by raising the bridge of nose and aligning its symmetry
- Lips: increase lip volume
Things to remember after the procedure
- Do not rub or stimulate the site of injection
- Avoid the sauna for one week after the procedure
- Avoid smoking or drinking